Your brain needs omega-3's throughout your life.
DHA is the most abundant omega-3 fatty acids in the brain, but you must replenish the supply.
Eating at least two servings of fatty fish per week or taking a daily omega-3 dietary supplement can literally provide "Food for Thought".
DHA is important for pregnant and nursing women, as well as infants, to ensure healthy brain development.
EPA and DHA are important in childhood because the brain continues to develop into adulthood.
Evidence suggests that consumption of omega-3 may support cognitive performance in adults.
OMEGA 3-FATTY ACIDS are found in marine oils (Cod Liver Oil, Tuna Oil, etc.) as seeds such as flax and chia. Vegetarian sources of omega-3 fatty acids are not converted well into a
usable form by the human digestive system. Therefore, fish oils are the preferred source for the essentially required omega-3 fatty acids.
The three types of omega-3 fatty acids involved in essential human physiology are α-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are best sourced from marine oils. α-linolenic acid ALA fatty acid include black current seed oil,walnut oil, flax and chia seeds are the more common sources.
OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS Essential for health of:
- Heart and arteries
- Immune system
- Emotional balance
- Skin, hair & nails
PAIN AND OMEGA – 3 FATTY ACIDS
- Omega – 3 Fatty Acids from fish oil is a safe and effective anti-inflammatory alternative to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) for back pain. Journal of Surgical Neurology 65 (April 2006) 326-331.
- The use of NSAID medication is a well-established therapy for both acute and chronic non-specific neck and back pain. Unfortunately there are extreme complications associated with NSAID usage including gastric ulcers, bleeding, myocardial infarction, kidney and liver damage and even deaths are associated with their use.
- A safe, alternative treatment which reduces the inflammatory response and thereby reduces pain is found in the omega – 3 EFAs found in fish oil.
In the above referenced study, researches followed pain patients. 78% were taking 1200 mg of a NSAID and 22% were taking 2400 mg of EFAs.
- After and average of 75 days on fish oil 59% discontinued taking NSAIDS for pain.
- 88% stated they were satisfied with their improvement through the use of fish oil and stated they would continue to take it.
Conclusions from many controlled studies which compared ibuprofen and omega – 3 EFAs demonstrated equivalent effects in reducing arthritic pain. Also, omega – 3 EFA fish oil appears to be a safer alternative to NSAIDs for treatment of non-surgical neck or back pain.
STANDARD PROCESS TUNA OMEGA 3 OIL
- High in DHA (DHA:EPA // 5:1 ratio)
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Normal immune response
- Emotional balance
- Antioxidant availability
- Triglyceride management
- Skin, hair and nails
STANDARD PROCESS COD LIVER OIL
This cold processed marine oil supports vitamin A deficiency and vitamin D deficiency while supporting the body’s healthy immune response function. Careful processing ensures this cod liver oil maintains its natural profile of vitamin A, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and a small amount of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).
- Tuna Omega-3 Oil delivers essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- Natural profile of tuna oil—not concentrated.
- Supports normal lipid profiles within normal range.
- Supports the body's natural inflammatory process.
- Third-party tested for environmental contaminants.
- Supports cognition (ability to think).
- Supports skin and hair health.
- Supports emotional balance.
- DHA is important for proper fetal eye and brain development. Supportive but not conclusive research has shown that EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.