Courtesy of Tereo Chiropractic
6287 Jarvis Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
www.drtereo.com ٠ (510) 795-2700
• Limit the backpack weight to 15% of your child's weight. For example; a child weighing 100 pounds should not carry more than a 15 pound backpack.
• Distribute the weight evenly.
• Place heavier items on the bottom of the backpack to reduce back and shoulder strain.
• Wear both shoulder straps. This will balance the weight more evenly.
• Make sure the backpack straps are padded where they contact the shoulder.
• Take only what you need.
• Bend your knees when lifting the backpack